With an oversaturated hair care market and ingredients which aren’t organic, finding an effective hair care routine can be challenging. Enter: Moringa, a superfood that has a multitude of benefits for internal well-being as well as having beneficial effects on outer features like skin and hair. Filled with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids, moringa is a one-stop-shop for several necessary nutrients. Here is a look at how moringa for hair is a promising remedy when ingested internally and applied topically.
Moringa is a powerhouse of nutrients that are essential for hair growth and repair, as well as for delaying graying and preventing hair fall. Use the powdered form of moringa, which packs more concentrated nutrients to address your hair concerns.
- Zinc: This mineral is important for preventing hair fall and loss, and aids in repairing damaged hair. Try our moringa Superfood Powders — a single serving is enough to supply the daily recommended amount of zinc to the body.
- Vitamins A and C: Two of the most important vitamins that aid in hair growth and delay hair aging are vitamins A and C. Vitamin A keeps the scalp moisturized by promoting sebum and oil production, which keeps follicles strong and stimulates blood circulation in the scalp. Vitamin C boosts collagen production, which then promotes the production of keratin (the protein our hair is made of) and increases skin elasticity in the scalp and strengthens follicles, preventing hair loss. Vitamin C is responsible for antioxidant production in the body. Moringa is full of vitamins A and C among other essential vitamins. In fact, moringa powder contains seven times the amount of vitamin C in oranges. It also contains nine percent of the RDA for vitamin A.
- Antioxidants: They help fight free radicals that delay the process of aging, hair loss and graying while boosting keratin production. Moringa powder has high quantities of antioxidants, which keeps hair lustrous, strong and youthful.
- Amino acids: Moringa contains all nine essential amino acids, which are the building blocks for proteins in our bodies. Our hair is made up of keratin—and supplementing this protein with extra nutrients helps achieve a fuller, thicker mane. The amino acids also help to give hair its structure, helping the overall health and thickness of the hair and preventing hair loss.
- Iron: The second most important nutrient for hair growth is iron. It helps deliver oxygen to hair roots and increases blood circulation on the scalp. Iron deficiency is linked to premature graying and hair fall. Did you know that moringa powder contains nine times the amount of iron compared to spinach and can be highly beneficial for scalp and hair health.
In addition to achieving healthy hair from the inside-out, a quick topical DIY moringa hair mask can do wonders for hair health.
- Add two to three teaspoons of our moringa Superfood Powders to one mashed avocado and one beaten egg
- Mix well together
- Apply to hair and let sit for 30 minutes before washing your hair
This will help control frizz and add volume to your hair. Moringa powder is full of omega-3 fatty acids, which coats the hair with a shiny layer. It also has moisturizing properties that will give your hair and scalp a deep conditioning treatment.