We've partnered with our friends at YogiApproved to present a very special breakfast treat that can power your morning (or post work-out) regiment!
We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it’s true! When you first wake up and prepare for your day ahead, it’s incredibly important to give your body the fuel it needs through proper nutrition. But what exactly does ‘nutrition’ constitute, particularly for your first meal? To start, you want to consume food for fuel to power you through your day. This fuel requires nutritious ingredients, from vitamins and minerals to antioxidants, protein and of course, a serving of fruits and veggies for a healthy, happy, energized and glowing y.o.u.!
- 1 unsweetened acai packet
- 2 tsp. Miracle Tree Moringa powder
- 1 banana (pro tip: freeze them first to add thickness)
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 scoop vanilla pea protein powder
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup dried dates
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut (option to blend this in the smoothie if you prefer)
- ⅓ cup granola
- ½ cup chia seed pudding
- Prepare the base chia seed pudding (recipe: 3 cups coconut milk, 1 cup chia seeds, 2 tbsp honey – seal in mason jar and refrigerate overnight);
- Blend 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened acai packet, moringa powder, banana, mixed berries pineapple and vanilla pea protein powder until mixture is a rich, thick consistency;
- Add the blended mixture to a bowl containing ½ cup chia seed pudding at the base;
- Add ⅓ cup dried dates, ⅓ cup shredded coconut, and ⅓ cup granola to the top of the mixture;
- And enjoy!
Packing all this nutrition into a single meal may sound daunting, but this acai bowl recipe is delicious, highly nutritious, and super simple to make – a perfect start to your morning! Acai has been hailed as a superfruit because of its high levels of antioxidants (believed to protect cells from free radicals), healthy omegas, and amino acid. Moringa is made from the nutrient-rich Oleifera leaves. Moringa has been used since ancient times for its numerous health benefits, ranging from antioxidants, natural energy and immune system boost, to anti-inflammatory, mood- and memory-enhancing properties.
Visit YogiApproved Moringa Acai Bowl to see the full video recipe and learn more about Yogi Approved! :)
We value your safety and encourage you to practice safe food preparation habits. Please visit our Food Safety resource for more information before trying to recreate any of our recipes.