Fresh, flavorful, and Nutrient-Packed
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy fresh salads loaded with nutritious ingredients. Adding moringa to your salads is a great way to boost the nutritional value and add a unique flavor to your meals. Moringa is a superfood packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can benefit your health in many ways. Here are some reasons why you should consider adding moringa to your summer salads:
- High in Nutrients: Moringa leaves are loaded with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, calcium, and iron. One cup of fresh moringa leaves contains:
- Vitamin C: 157% of the daily value
- Vitamin A: 126% of the daily value
- Calcium: 19% of the daily value
- Iron: 25% of the daily value
Anti-inflammatory Properties: Moringa has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation is linked to many chronic diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Antioxidant-rich: Moringa leaves are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect your body from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage your cells and contribute to aging and disease.
Digestive Health: Moringa is rich in fiber, which is important for digestive health. A diet high in fiber can help prevent constipation, improve bowel movements, and reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Adding moringa to your summer salads is easy and delicious. Here's a recipe to get you started:
Moringa and Watermelon Salad
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Tree Moringa powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, mix together the baby spinach, watermelon, feta cheese, almonds, mint, and basil leaves.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Moringa powder, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- "Moringa oleifera: A review on nutritive importance and its medicinal application" - Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine
- "Anti-inflammatory activity of Moringa oleifera Lam. in human dermal fibroblasts" - Journal of Food Science and Technology
- "Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Moringa oleifera Lam. (Moringaceae) Leaves and Seeds Extracts" - Journal of Food Science