Plantains are a fantastic source of fiber and numerous vitamins and minerals (such as Vitamins B6, A and C, and Potassium). Best part – they’re also delicious! Everyone loves Plantain Chips – so why not supercharge them with Moringa’s superfood qualities? This light, easy-to-make snack is a perfect combination of taste and nutrition.
- 2 green plantains
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¾ Tsp. of Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Moringa Powder (2-3 tsps.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the plantain with a sharp knife. Then slice the plantains as thinly as possible with a mandolin or knife.
- In a bowl, combine plantain slices, 1 tsp. of powder, 1.5 tbsp. of olive oil, ¾ tsp. of salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Stir gently to coat the plantain chips.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Place a single layer of plantains on the parchment paper.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 16 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turn plantains after 8 minutes.
- Chips are best served warm.
We hope you enjoy our crispy Moringa Plantain Chips! This light treat is an easy solution to snackers who want a delicious nosh with a nutritious kick. Best part – you can store them in a Ziploc bag for up to 5-7 days so you can snack on the go for many days! Just a word of caution - they’re hard to put down once you start!
We value your safety and encourage you to practice safe food preparation habits. Please visit our Food Safety resource for more information before trying to recreate any of our recipes.