We’re super excited to showcase our first soup recipe! Rice soup is simple – and best of all, it’s a hearty and healthy meal! Our recipe is a great way to stock up and have as a stand-by in the freezer for a quick, nutritious meal – especially with the colder months just around the corner. This hearty turkey/beef soup is a perfect combination of protein, taste, and nutrition – and easy to make!
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 2 carrots, diced small
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. of beef / turkey in small chunks
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium celery, thinly sliced
- 2 kale leaf
- 3-5 cups chicken or vegetable broth, plus water to cover
- 3 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- Salt and pepper
- Moringa Powder
- In a large pot, pour 1-2 tsp. of olive oil on medium to high heat.
- Add either 1 pound of ground beef or turkey in small chunks.
- Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes and then add chopped vegetables (onions, carrots, celery).
- Cook the protein and vegetable mix for another 8-10 minutes, while gently stirring until soft.
- Add a sprinkle of salt, oregano, minced garlic, and organic moringa powder and keep stirring until well combined.
- Pour chicken broth into the mix.
- Add diced tomatoes and either white/brown rice (1 cup) while stirring gently until the mix boils.
- Once the mixture is boiling, add kale to combine it well with the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve in a soup bowl and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our delicious Moringa Rice Soup! We sincerely hope you enjoy our veggie loaded soup sure to warm your belly and your soul. This bowl of soup is the perfect winter weeknight meal. P.S. We love it warm with a slice of crusty bread on the side, but it's also surprisingly good served cold!
We value your safety and encourage you to practice safe food preparation habits. Please visit our Food Safety resource for more information before trying to recreate any of our recipes.