Give your breakfast a boost with these moringa omelet recipes
Omelet recipes are the most-loved breakfast recipe options for most of us—they are simple, delicious, and can be cooked in under 5 minutes. It’s the quickest breakfast fix for those of us who don’t have much time in the morning. Another plus of omelet recipes is that they can be cooked in numerous ways. Think French omelet, Philly cheesesteak omelet, bell pepper-stuffed omelet and so many more! Their versatility makes them so popular as they taste delicious in virtually any shape or form.
Omelet recipes are healthy and a great source of protein. However, if you want to take them one notch higher in terms of nutrition, try omelet recipes with moringa. Packed with the goodness of moringa and eggs, these omelet recipes are not only delicious but also extremely healthy. Here are three moringa omelet recipes to make your breakfast enjoyable, delicious and super healthy!
Moringa Egg Rolls
Give your omelet recipe a twist with these moringa egg rolls.
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup moringa leaves, finely chopped
- Butter or olive oil for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a rectangular baking pan and grease it with butter.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil.
- Add the moringa leaves, sprinkle salt and cook until the leaves wilt down and all the excess moisture evaporates.
- Once it's done, turn off the heat and allow the leaves to cool.
- Whisk the eggs, along with the flour, salt, pepper and green chilies and pour it into the prepared pan.
- Spread the cooked moringa leaves over the egg.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on the top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake the eggs until it is set for about 15 minutes.
- Once the egg has set, allow it to cool.
- Loosen egg mixture from the sides of the pan and carefully roll up the omelet.
Moringa Veggie Omelet
No omelet recipe is complete without a healthy dose of veggies. Try this recipe for a nutritious-packed moringa veggie omelet.
- 3 whole eggs
- 1–2 tsp moringa powder
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- Chop and sauté vegetables with oil.
- Beat three eggs in a small mixer bowl.
- Whisk in the moringa powder.
- Pour in egg mixture on the pan and cook until done.
Mushroom and Moringa Egg White Frittata
An omelet recipe to die for! This frittata is equal parts delicious and healthy.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped and sweated
- 1 onion, caramelized
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 sprig basil leaves
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk in the egg whites in a bowl.
- Chop the mushrooms and sauté them on a small skillet with some salt and pepper.
- Sauté spinach leaves on the pan till it releases water. Sprinkle some salt and mix well.
- Caramelize the onions by adding them to the pan.
- Heat a flat skillet, drizzle some oil, let the pan heat up and whisk in the egg white.
- Spread it evenly on the pan. Add the mushrooms, spinach and onions on top.
- Add the seasonings.
- Close it with a lid and keep it on low heat.
- After a couple of minutes, take off the heat and serve hot.
We value your safety and encourage you to practice safe food preparation habits. Please visit our Food Safety resource for more information before trying to recreate any of our recipes.